Cricket team captains in India
Cricket is one of the most popular sports in India for decades. Even though he came to the country from another state, it was in India that he received an incredible demand, which has survived to this day. Cricket regularly hosts large-scale competitions both nationally and internationally. These include the Indian Premier League in IPL cricket, in which the best of the best fight.
So, in 2022, the competition will begin on March 26 and will be held in India. Ten best teams from ten cities in India will fight for the right of superiority. Spectators expect colorful shows and exciting confrontations. Among them, for example, the competition between the teams CSK vs SRH, which will also fight for victory in this large-scale and rating championship, deserves the attention of fans. You can also see the full schedule of the championship, which has not yet been officially published but is already freely available online.
Throughout the history of cricket in India, which began in 1932, there have been many successful teams that have won the love of millions of fans. And their success largely depended on the skill of their captains, which led them to numerous victories.
Legendary Indian cricket team captains
India has produced several well-trained and dedicated cricket captains from different parts of the country. Someone achieved impressive victories, and someone got into unnecessary disputes, which the whole world and their devoted fans learned about. We bring to your attention a list of the six best Indian cricket captains:
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The captain led India to a stunning victory in the 2011 World Cup final. The most popular and most respected captain of all time started his career as a ticket inspector at the Kharagpur railway station but later became a professional cricketer and eventually the captain of the India cricket team. He has been awarded many prestigious national awards such as Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and so on.
- Surav Ganguly. Second on the list of Indian cricket team captains, with the temperament of a Bengal tiger, the fierce “Dada” is one of the nation’s greatest talents. Known for his expressive and temperamental captaining style, Dada has made India proud of many of his accomplishments, such as India reaching the finals of the 2003 World Cup and Asian Cup, as well as a series draw against Australia. Surav Ganguly has done the most wonderful work for India that has never been shown by the press or the media. It’s tying all the players together. When Ganguly became the captain of the Indian national team, his main duty was to unite the entire team from different regions of the country.
- Kapil Dev. This man led India to their first World Cup victory in 1983. As a debutant in 1982, Kapil Dev only made two appearances and with great positivity and enthusiasm, he led the team against the rulers of cricket in India, the Windies. He set a record against Zimbabwe at the 1983 World Cup where he scored 126 points for a 9th-place finish. In addition, he led the team to victory in the 1986 Test series against England, the best Test team in the world (at the time). He has been called “The Indian Cricketer India Can Never Bring Back”.
- Mohammed Azharuddin. This athlete scored well with his amazing cricket shots, played like a boss, and was the captain of the Indian national cricket team. He is one of the most skillful captains India has ever known. Known for his trademark shot, he gave nightmares to bowlers who faced his attack. Despite being caught in a match-fixing scandal, he is still remembered as one of the best captains of Indian teams.
- Mansour Ali Khan Pataudi. He was the youngest captain of the Indian national team at the age of 21. His dedication and dedication to the game has been praised around the world. As a captain, he witnessed the Indian team falling behind in fast bowlers. Thus, the team introduced the spinner and gifted the Indian cricket team with extremely talented and successful athletes such as Bedi, Prasanna, Chandrasekhar, and Venkatraghavan.
- Virat Kohli. The current Indian captain Virat Kohli is on his way to becoming the most successful captain. India had previously beaten hosts West Indies in the first of a two-legged Test series by 318 runs. Virat Kohli is now the most successful Indian captain in overseas testing. After India’s victory over the West Indies, Kohli managed to get ahead of Surav Ganguly and set a new record for himself. This victory marks Virat Kohli’s 12th overseas Test victory, which he only managed to achieve in his 26th match as Test captain of the Indian cricket team. Surav Ganguly previously held the record with 11 test wins in 28 matches as captain.
The popularity of cricket does not decrease over time but only constantly increases. Thousands of Indian boys sincerely dream of becoming like their idols and work hard to achieve success in this sport. Perhaps very soon in this sport, we will see new stars and promising players who will repeat, and maybe even surpass the achievements of their successors.