Everybody deserves to kick back, relax, and forget about their worries, even if only for a brief time Going on vacation is a great way to do that! Whether you book a trip to the beach or spend your time hiking some of the tallest mountains, or plan to see one of the seven wonders of the natural world, a vacation is a great way for you to clock out of work and home life, shift gears and enjoy time to yourself.
A better question is, “Why shouldn’t you?” Taking time from your everyday life to enjoy something out of the ordinary is definitely an activity that most people can benefit from. Vacations can be something as simple as a “staycation” where you relax at home or something as extraordinary as visiting a new country. Still not convinced? Check out some of these reasons to book your vacation, and read on for some of the great benefits you can get from taking a vacation.
- Your motivation increases- After working for weeks and months at a time, especially doing repetitive work, you can find yourself becoming bored and restless. Taking some time to yourself to go on vacation is a great way to increase your motivation! Both your mind and body get a break from going to work, and you are sure to feel refreshed after some much-needed rest.
- Your creativity will skyrocket- Giving yourself a time-out from looking at the same work will give your brain time to wander and think outside the box. Without feeling so much pressure, you are more likely to be relaxed and ready to come up with new and innovative ideas.
- You could live longer- You may be thinking, “Live longer by going on vacation? How?” It’s simple! A vacation allows you to unwind and detach from your normal work and home life. Stress can literally cause damage to your heart, so it makes sense that unplugging once in a while is a smart way to keep your brain and heart happy.
- Your family relationships can improve- The pressures of everyday life can take its toll on everyone in the family. Carving time out for everyone to go on a family vacation is a perfect way to reconnect with one another and have a blast! Work, school, and extra-curricular activities can make it hard to find time to spend with your loved ones, so a set time period away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life can be exactly what your family needs to reset.
Now that we’ve got you convinced that you deserve some time off, you may be wondering where you should go on vacation. There are plenty of options that will be worth your while, both in the United States and abroad! Take a look at this list of the most exciting places to decide where you want to spend your free time. Here are some of our favorites.
- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe- Known as one of the seven wonders of the world, and located in Africa, the waterfall reaches as high as 355 feet and is as long as a mile. An added benefit of visiting these falls is that they are surrounded by a gorgeous mist that encourages beautiful rainbows.
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia- You may have heard of this one before! Bora Bora is a stunning location and a popular destination for honeymooners. What’s great about this location is you don’t have to be newly married to visit! Bora Bora is an island in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean and is home to a dormant volcano encircled with lush greenery.
- Niagara Falls, USA/Canada- Niagara Falls is a must-see for anyone looking to travel! These beautiful waterfalls can be visited in both The United States and Canada. At the bottom of the falls, you’ll find a natural whirlpool. Want to get up close to see the cascading water? You can book a boat ride with your friends to get a better look!
- Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany- Take a look at a picture of this Castle, and you might think it looks familiar. Well, it should! Cinderella’s Castle, located in Disney World, is heavily influenced by this elegant building with its Bavarian construction. Neuschwanstein Castle itself can be found atop a mountain and is easily a top vacation spot in the world.
- Blue Lagoon, Iceland- Take a load off in one of the world’s most famous geothermal spas. The Blue Lagoon in Iceland is a relaxing hot spring that hosts travelers from all over the world. Although you would never know it, the Blue Lagoon is man-made, and offers incredible cozy warm water fed from a lava flow close by.
Depending on where you live, you will probably need to fly to these locations. You may even travel with friends and family! Traveling with others means you’ll need to arrange transportation back and forth from the airport, hotel, and places you’ll be visiting. A great option for easy transportation for you and your party is private airport group transportation. You will be chauffeured around by a knowledgeable professional whose goal is to get you to your destinations safely and on time. Simply book the date and time, and let the experts do the rest.
Traveling and exploring new places is a great way to spend a vacation. You can see monuments, try new dishes, and experience different cultures. If you’re stumped on where to go for your next trip, consider the places on this list for some excellent ideas.